Moon Landing Memories

image

During our history lessons we’ve been learning about this historical event. We know as historians you can learn a lot about the past through pictures, books, diaries, letters, film, the internet, artefacts and talking to people who witnessed the events. Mrs C interviewed her mum about what she remembered of the moon landing in 1969. So get interviewing, can you ask a grandma or grandad, or any relative who remembers what happened? Blog your answers and share them with your classmates – you never know Mrs C might offer you a GPS1 reporter job if you’re a great interviewer!!

Check out our e-Book on GPS1 it’s great!

https://www.makewav.es/story/1019311/title/questiontimemoonlandingmemories

10 thoughts on “Moon Landing Memories

1. I asked my Gran and she said that she watched it on a black and white TV. It was a hot summers day and they watched it in the evening. The ship was called Apollo 11 but the part that landed on the moon was called the Eagle. It was very exciting.

2. They landed on the sea of Tranquility. Buzz Aldrin was the pilot. Nana didn’t watch it she was out dancing but her dad watched it on the TV 📺

3. My nana and pops were 8 years old they remember watching it on the news. They remember Neil Armstrong putting a flag on the moon and saying one small step for man one giant leap for mankind.
    My other nana and pops were 15 and 11 years old. Nana remembers watching it on a black and white tv. My pops was in Blackpool on holiday and remembers seeing it on the news.

4. I spoke to my mummy and daddy about this. They thought I was very clever with what I know.
    The first person to land on the moon was Neil Armstrong and the second person to land on the moon was Buzz Aldrin. Neil is American and he spent 21 hours on the moon. I would like to go to the moon!

5. I asked my Nana.She said she was 15
    years old and remembers watching it with her family all crowded around the
    black and white TV.She remember seeing it land and it was very exciting.🎥🚀🚀🌙🌚

6. The rocket was called Apollo 11.
    Did you know that the foot prints left by Neil Armstrong and Edwin Buzz Aldrin could stay on the moon forever because there is no atmosphere no wind and no water to disturb them.
    🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀